Um, goodbye, September? That month flew by. In addition to getting used to our new schedule, Matt had a few events that he was gone for (Hello, Ryder Cup) and we had an influx of (very welcome) guests.
This is post is really more for me to read in twenty years when I think, "What did we spend our days doing when the kids were little?" Our weekly schedule is actually pretty packed: preschool is Monday and Wednesday mornings, our church has a playgroup on Tuesday mornings (and if we miss that {because it's early, we're far away and Miles needs some semblance of a morning nap routine} we usually have another playdate), and I've been able to join a local BSF Bible study - thanks to Debbie for watching the kids at this time - on Thursday mornings. We're done with all of these things by about 11:30, then it's lunch time and nap time. After naps we almost always head out to the playground two doors down. I could not be happier with our neighborhood. It's funny, we moved into our house because of the actual house, but I'm more happy and impressed with our neighbors and all the kids who love on my kids.
In the last couple of days, Matt's been let down by both the White Sox and the U.S. Golf team, so he's clinging to the Bears right now.
These days Brooke is on a bit of an emotional roller coaster. We had a 15-minute meltdown the other day after I told her take off her shoes. Now all of the sudden people are telling me that the threes are worse than the Terrible Toes. Great. She's still a blast 90% of the time.
Lately she's been carrying around her Princess phone "texting" people - usually about what they're eating for dinner. She had also taken to using the word, "Nah" when I'd ask her if she wanted something. I told her it sounded rude, so she should say, "It doesn't matter," instead. So the other day I asked her if she could please eat two more bites of her vegetables and she said, "It doesn't matter." I may need to give her a more universal statement to replace "Nah".
This morning Matt got her out of bed.
M: "What are you going to do today?"
B: "Go to Tah-suh-ye Too." (Cosley Zoo)
M: "You're going to Todley School???
They repeated this exchange a couple of times.
B: "I'll tell Mommy. She'll know."
So it turns out I'm still her primary interpreter. She's actually really good at thinking of explanations for what she's saying if we don't understand her.
Here they are this afternoon at the playground by our house. Happy October!
I saw that football hat a couple of years back and wanted to buy it for you guys and save it till you had a boy. It's adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteThe above conversation is good stuff. :) Thanks for passing the fun along.
ReplyDelete