Monday, October 29, 2012

Three Years Old?!?



Have I mentioned that Brooke's birthday was last weekend? It's sounds so cliche, but I really can't believe she's been in our lives for three years already. I feel as though I've been giving pretty steady progress about what she's been up to lately, but I'll give a quick recap here.


She can be a pretty silly girl, especially now that she's using her imagination more. She loves eating out - and who am I to argue? She likes to know what our plans are ahead of time and refers to later in the day as "today-tomorrow" (i.e. I'll be putting her down for her nap and she'll ask, "What are we doing today-tomorrow?" meaning, "after I get up"). Speaking of naps, she's still napping for a couple of hours in the afternoon. She goes to bed around 8:30 but sometimes doesn't fall asleep until 10 or so. She wakes up around 8 or 8:30 in the morning. She's potty trained when she's awake, but usually saves her pooping for nap/bed time. Someday I'll have the energy to send her to bed in underpants. Overall, she's still very compliant, but I do think that we're seeing her "Terrible Twos" a year late. She's definitely testing limits more often. She's still super-sweet to Miles and overall is very kind and compassionate.

Here she is with Grandpa at birthday dinner at Medinah.


And at Sonny Acres with Aunt Jamie.


Today was her birthday celebration at preschool. She was SUPER excited to play with this Melissa and Doug cake. I know I'm sarcastic a lot, but seriously, she was talking about it all the way home.


Before eating her birthday treat at school (don't judge - you're supposed to bring store bought treats).


Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl. We love you SO much!


1 comment:

  1. I love the "today-tomorrow" too cute. I'm with Brooke, the Melissa & Doug cake..is pretty cool ;)

    ReplyDelete