Thursday, October 18, 2012

St. Louis, part 352


While Matt was in Florida with his dad and brother, I took the kids down to St. Louis for a little early birthday celebration for Brooke.

On Friday, Amy and her kids also came down. We were planning to go somewhere outside but the morning weather was a little crummy so we just did breakfast and Monkey Joe's.


You could have picked my jaw up off the floor when I saw Brooke (yellow shirt) climbing ALL of the climbers. I was so proud - and so was she. Ironically, when we got home she hurt her knee getting off the potty. She still wasn't walking on it the next day so I sucked it up and took her to urgent care for the first time. Their diagnosis? She "tweaked" it. Give her pain meds (ibuprofen) and have her rest it. I should've gone with my gut and waited another day...or at least gotten a photo of it! What kind of blogging mom am I?!? It took a couple of (very long) days, but she finally got over it. It was another reminder of how blessed and grateful I am to have healthy kids.


What? You don't take your family fall photos in the parking lot of an Ace Hardware? I thought we were being pretty creative. The cars in the background do ruin the ambiance a bit.




We also visited Uncle Joel at school. The girls gave a rousing rendition of "Call Me Maybe" to his 4th graders.




The kids photo-bombed Tim and Krissi's family photo shoot.





Hanging out at Grandma and Papa T's. Luke spent more time playing with Brooke's new doll house than she did.


Not staged. So sweet.


It was sunny and in the 80's the day we left. Ahhh!


Brooke's obsessed with Grandma's Kindle.


Lexi was very sweet to Brooke when her leg was hurt. Although she did ask a couple of times, "Why is Brooke so crabby?"


We went to the park to feed the ducks and play on the playground our last evening there.


This was kind of how Brooke's face looked most of the trip. What happened to my angel?






Did I just put a picture of myself in back-to-back posts? Sorry, it won't happen again.


2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious you were Monkey Joe's. We literally live across the street from there now. Your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!(and the last picture)

    ReplyDelete