Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Graham is One!


Our sweet little Graham-bo turned one last week and I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's obviously wonderful to see him develop into a little person, but he's such an awesome little baby that I'd love to freeze time for a little while. Since that's not an option, I'll fill you in on Graham on his first birthday.


He's usually a pretty good eater of all solid foods. He's had a little rash around his mouth for about a month and we thought that might've been due to bananas, but I've eliminated those and the rash is still there. We'll ask about it again at his one-year checkup. He's also doing well with a sippy cup. Up until about a week ago, he was nursing in the morning and having a bottle of formula before nap and bed. He was less and less interested in nursing, so we mutually agreed to end that. Since he's been drinking milk from a sippy, I'm also getting rid of those bottles.


He continues to be an incredibly happy little guy, and loves to be around people. He says, "dada," "byebye," "nana" (Mama) and we think he's saying "baba" (bottle) and "ni-ni" (night-night). He goes out of his way to wave hi or bye to anyone that makes eye contact with him. No matter how upset he is, it's almost impossible for him to not return a smile. 

 

He'll get into a normal crawling, or even a downward-dog position, but he still prefers to army crawl everywhere. I've seen him pull up to his knees a couple of times, but he's following in his siblings footsteps (no pun intended) of not being in a hurry to walk.


He adores all of his siblings and will light up and laugh for them more than anyone else.  He also loves to throw or catch anything he's playing with - especially balls.


He's still taking a morning nap, and would probably sleep for close to two hours if I let him, but we always have somewhere to be in the morning. The afternoon nap is usually between 1 1/2- 2 1/2 hours, depending on his morning nap. He goes down for the night around 7 and usually wakes up around 6:30. And when he wakes up, he gets hangry if he has to wait for more than 30 minutes or so to eat. He sleeps best with a binky, but I think he could sleep without it (I'm not in a hurry on that one).


On his actual birthday, he flew with me down to St. Louis to see my Grandma who'd been in a serious car accident (she's doing well now, thankfully). He was literally perfect on the flight down. He flirted with the ladies in our row before sitting down in my lap to look out the window and fall asleep until landing.

 

Aunt Krissi generously offered to watch him for the afternoon while I was at the hospital and of course he got a little cupcake to celebrate.



The flight home wasn't as ideal as the flight down, but he still wasn't bad by any stretch. He and I shared a sandwich at the airport before boarding the plane.


We did his official celebration with our family the next day and he enjoyed his bundtlett after we showed him what to do with it.



Happy birthday, sweet, smiley Graham! You are such a gift to us and we couldn't love you more. Thank you for your special place in our family!


No comments:

Post a Comment