It's hard to believe, but it's already that time and the kids have (almost) all gone back to school. We stopped by Aunt Jamie's classroom the week before school started to "help" her set-up.
Ice Cream Social night. The kids drop their supplies in their rooms and meet their teachers. It's always *a bit* chaotic and I leave feeling a little stressed out.
Miles has Mrs. Bicker, the same kindergarten teacher that Brooke had. We love her!
Brooke's first day of school.
The Arrow Glen Court gang, minus the McCabes and babies.
We walked to school on the first day. It's always such an exciting morning. Here's Brooke and Mrs. Jacobs.
Brooke has a lot of friends in her class this year. They all seem to be really sweet girls.
Miles' first day was the next day. He's going in the afternoon this year, so it was a bit anti-climactic.
All summer, when people would ask him if he was excited for school, he'd say, "Not really." I think he was nervous and unsure of what to expect.
Lining up before school.
He likes to make sure that I'm there until the last second that they walk in the door. There are a lot of waves and saying "bye!" I'm going to savor that sweetness and innocence.
While the other two were getting ready to start, Paige kept asking when she would start her school. The problem is, she doesn't start until a full 3 weeks after the other two. So one afternoon, she and I had a special "getting ready for preschool" day.
I think she liked getting her nails done?
Then we stopped for some fro-yo and to get a few decorations for her school bag.
Now that the big kids are gone, she's back to sticking to her room for rest time. About half of the days, she ends up like this.
It's been different, but nice, to have Miles go in the afternoon. Again, I'm trying to savor the extra time with him, as well as the nice weather before it gets too cold to go out.
Paige finally got to go to her classroom and meet her teachers last week. She was pretty excited and actually a little more nervous than I'd expected.
I was not surprised by which play area she gravitated toward.
Circle time. I wish I'd thought to get a picture of her with her teachers!
Finally! She's ready to run the First Pres playground.
Annnd she passed out on the way home.
Looking forward to a little one-on-one time with this guy, even if he's (hopefully) sleeping for most of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment