In what's become a bit of a tradition, our friends Andrew and Nathan came in from Australia at the beginning of August and stayed with us. They were actually here for a wedding, but it was great to get to spend time with them on the tail end of their trip. Once again, Andrew was able to hook us up with Flash Passes which will forever tarnish the way my kids view amusement park lines. We started with a nice family ride, the double-decker carousel.
Then went on the the "real" rides. I don't have a picture of it, but Paige was not a fan of her first roller coaster. After my third, I was over them as well. I'm definitely getting old. I was the one to brave Giant Drop with Brooke this time, and much to my surprise, I LOVED it.
I took one for the team with Giant Drop and Andrew took one for the team riding Ricochet with Miles. It spins you and flings you back and forth and basically just looks horrible. They both came off with smiles on their faces, though.
The guys went on to a few of the "manly" rides...
And the kids and I hung out in the kids' area.
Grahams was a pretty big fan of the rides he got to go on, despite being sleepy.
Paige braved the kiddie ferris wheel solo.
Midway through the day, Paige needed a break.
So Miles went on a couple of rides solo.
More fun while Paige slept...
It was a really great day, with lots of memories made. It's just too bad Matt didn't really want to be associated with us...
The rest of the time the guys were here and not visiting other friends was spent playing with the kids and enjoying "family" breakfasts and dinners.
It was great to see them again and sad to say goodbye; thankfully we'll get to see them again in a few months!
No comments:
Post a Comment