Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Summer Living


The weather's been all over the place this summer, and on the days that aren't warms enough for the pool, we've been able to spend some time at nearby playgrounds. A lot of times we meet friends, but sometimes it's just us, and it's fun to see the kids interacting.


Such a great big brother.


Graham is at such a fun age. I just want to freeze him. He's able to move when I put him down on his tummy, but hasn't quite put together that he can go from sitting to crawling. It's kind of perfect.


Miss Independent likes to be the one doing the pushing of the swings.


Brooke and her buddy, Finley.


Have I mentioned what a great baby he is?


We've had LOTS of pool time this summer. Brooke has swim team practice three times a week and we try to make all of them if we're around.


Brooke has been very helpful this summer. Maybe she's finally realizing that this big sister gig is permanent?


We've had our share of sweet treats this summer (and, not coincidentally, our first dental visit with NO cavities!!!). Another item on our summer bucket list was making snow cones. We tried unsuccessfully with the Snoopy maker, so I resorted to using the Ninja. They were, in Brooke's words, "Not bad, but not the best."


We also gave in and let them choose something from the ice cream truck. I think the other parents on our cul-de-sac did not like us that evening.


We've gotten to see Grandma Audie every few weeks, too. I have to imagine our visits are a bit like a tornado with the chaos that we bring, but we're so thankful for her hospitality and to get to spend time with her.


Another one of Graham, because, why not?


Miles and Paige built their own "arch" one morning.


Paige wanted to play Heads Up after she saw me and Brooke playing. It went about how you would imagine.


I would say it's 50/50 of them playing well together and fighting, but the times that they play well together are legitimately heart-warming.


(Don't mind Paige's W-sitting. We're working on it!)


Paige is also usually a really good big sister.


Graham in the waiting room at Paige's speech therapy.


Waiting out a lightening delay and eventual cancellation at Brooke's swim meet. She's had 4 of 5 meets cancelled this summer, poor thing!


Softball was over at the end of June. Matt did a great job coaching again and Brooke continues to enjoy it.


With all of our activity, we've had a lot of afternoons like this. Here's to soaking up the second half of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment