We went to Michigan a couple of times this weekend for beach vacations. The first was for a weekend at our friends, the Tostos, lake house and the second was for our annual family vacation in South Haven. We also took a quick one day trip to the West Beach at Indiana Dunes with friends. Anytime he told people where we were going for either of the longer trips, Miles would say we were going to "our" lake house. I think because so many people/people's families around here have lake houses that he just thought that's what you say.
There were 13 kids and 10 adults at the Tostos, so there was a lot of activity, but also a lot of fun. The weather was beautiful and we spent the whole day Saturday on the lake.
Matt was the official wave runner chauffeur.
The kids also enjoyed tubing.
The Wednesday after the weekend at the Tostos, we headed up to South Haven. This year, the Westra joined us. We stayed at different rentals, which ended up working out fine.
We took a walk out to the lighthouse on one of our beach days.
We ate lots of ice cream.
We even went out to dinner a couple of times and it wasn't a complete disaster (Athough there was a couple that we saw in Saugatuk that recognized us from South Haven the night before. I guess 4 adults and 8 kids under eight is a pretty memorable crew.)
We grilled out at Blake and Amy's rental one night.
These two are destined to be the most adaptable kids ever.
We did the Indiana Dunes ride in Saugatuk one day. Titus and Paige were both pretty terrified initially, but ended up having a blast.
Our only pic of the whole crew.
We had lots of beach time. The kids are at pretty good ages to be able to enjoy the beach for awhile.
I just can't. Dream baby.
They kept asking various parents to help them dig/build, and we finally convinced them that they should work as a team to do it. I think it bought us an hour or so.
I think Amy was running to keep Tye in the picture here, but I'm not totally sure. Regardless, for some reason it cracks me up.
We also had a good amount of pool time at the pool at our condo.
These two were both such characters that we joked that they could have their own reality show.
End of vacation blues.
I only got a couple of shots from our trip to West Beach. I'll just say that we were promised an idyllic setting and that was not the case, so I was busy carrying things and making sure the kids were safe in the water, therefore I sadly did not get many pictures.
Yay for summer getaways!
No comments:
Post a Comment