Saturday, April 4, 2015

Miles is 3!


As much as I tried to fight it, my baby boy turned three on Monday. It seems like he's aged exponentially over the last few weeks. And not just because his most recent haircut was a legitimate "big boy" cut. We put him in the toddler bed the weekend after we got back from Florida and it's gone incredibly smoothly (*knocks on wood). He fell out of bed a couple of times the first couple of nights, so now we push the ottoman against the open side of the bed. He also seemed to have trouble falling asleep for naps for the first couple of days, but now everything is back to how it was when he was in the crib. He calls us when he's ready to get up. The biggest difference is that now he likes to take books to bed with him.


He's a pretty entertaining kid, if I don't say so myself. He has a goofy go-to dance when he doesn't know what to do. Can't wait till he pulls it out at a wedding in twenty years.


He's definitely an opinionated toddler and we get our fair share of tantrums, but he's also very sweet, affectionate, helpful and loving. He regularly tells me that I'm "the best mom ever," and often gives in if Brooke is throwing a fit because she wants something he has. His speech is getting easier and easier to understand, although I know it's still something that doesn't come easily for him. I'm planning to take him for a speech evaluation after the summer. He's still napping for at least a couple of hours each afternoon (*knocks on wood harder) and sleep from around 7-7 each night.


I'd been putting off potty training, but had been talking to him about it a fair amount the last couple of months. Last week was spring break, so I decided to give it a try. It's been a full six days and he's had a total of two accidents (*pounds on wood). It seems logical to him that because he turned three, it's time to go on the potty. I'll take it!


I really can't express how happy, proud and thankful this little guy makes me every day. Happy birthday, Miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment