We got to celebrate Grammie Deb's birthday in mid-March. Miles was very excited about this because we kept telling him that after Grammie Deb's and Uncle Joel's birthdays is his. The whole family went out to dinner at Macaroni Grill and the kids were pretty well-behaved. Paige spent some time with one of her favorite people.
Then we came back to our house for dessert and presents.
We also met Mike and Jane out for dinner. The babies were pretty equally unimpressed. But they're so cute! I'm having visions of the two of them fifteen years from now at WWS and I'm a little nervous...
Brooke is VERY into reading and writing lately. She's usually carrying a notepad around with her, or asking me what a certain sequence of letters spells. It's kind of surreal to see it start to come together for her.
She continues to have personality to spare. It's usually entertaining, for better or worse.
On this day, I was picking up the backyard after the snow melted (always a favorite springtime activity) and asked Brooke if she wanted to come outside with me rather than have rest time. She said yes, but went back inside for about 15 minutes. She came out with all of this stuff and said she wanted to "relax in the sun." The umbrella was in case she got cold.
She also made a map for me of our cul-de-sac when we took Ozzie for a walk.
And we get this face multiple times a day. I'm pretty sure we took this picture to show her how ridiculous she looks when she's throwing a fit.
We've started a little pseudo-tradition of going to the gym on Saturday mornings where we see the Bordners and then go out to lunch afterward and proceed to take back in any calories that we'd burned at the gym.
Spring has been teasing us. On one nice afternoon, we walked with the kids to Wiesbrook.
One of the kids' favorite play activities involves cooking and serving food. I just love when they're engaged and playing together.
Fridays are the only morning that Brooke doesn't have school, so I'm trying to savor having a weekday morning when we can take our time getting ready.
With spring slowly emerging, we've been breaking out some of the sporting equipment.
Brooke had a little phonics presentation at school. I hate to brag, but she was the first kid they called on and read and categorized the word "toothbrush" like a boss.
Did I mention that spring is "kind of" here? We also got accumulating snow the other week. My friend Beth and I decided to take the kids sledding. They had a blast.
These poor girls, not so much. Next year it'll be more fun!
Ozzie and Paige have been doing some bonding lately.
So have these two.
Pretty sure most of those banana pieces ended up on the floor. She's not much of a fan.
We just recently made the switch for Miles to the toddler bed, which means Paige was upgraded to a legitimate crib (she'd been in a mini-crib since we moved her to her own room). So of course the big kids wanted to join her in there. That crib has constantly held one of my babies in it for almost 6 years. Pretty sure there will be waterworks when it's time to retire it.
Happy April!
No comments:
Post a Comment