Rather than have a "friend" birthday party for Miles, Matt and I decided to take him to do something special with just the two of us. Matt suggested a hockey game and I suggested the Legoland Discovery Center in Schaumburg. Miles chose Legoland.
There were lots of impressive lego "sculptures" in the first few rooms.
There were also several building stations for the kids.
That's the tiger Matt and Miles made. Ba-dum-cha!
He loved this ride. It was one of two and the other was closed. I feel like we should have gotten a discount.
Watching a 4-D movie. He asked if it was over about halfway through.
There was an area to build and race your own car. Behind that was a play area that he also loved.
Overall, I'd say that we had fun, but he probably should have been a little older and a little more into legos to have really gotten our money's worth; regardless, it was really special and fun to spend time with just him.
He asked for a hot dog for lunch so we capped off the morning with a stop at Portillo's.
The next night, Matt's family came over for Easter/Miles' birthday. He got the party started with some of his signature dance moves.
We grilled out and then opened gifts. He was very excited about everything that he got.
On to the cake!
Here he is with his Planes race track. I hope we were able to make him feel as special as he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment