Miles turned three on Monday and Brooke was very excited to give him the card she'd made for him.
She also couldn't wait to give him his gift. She got him a kite. I'm not sure where she got the idea, but she's wanted to get him a kite for at least a month. He was appropriately excited.
"Appropriately excited" is not how I'd describe his response to one of our gifts for him. I made a personalized storybook for him, knowing how much he loves books and seeing himself. He was pretty quickly over it. Maybe it'll be one of those gifts that he rediscovers in a little while? Oh, well.
Aunt Jamie came with us for lunch at Two Toots.
I hadn't factored in the spring break crowd and we spent quite a bit of time waiting, but I think he still had fun.
Paige didn't have any complaints.
After naps, we joined Grammie Deb and Grandpa Brian for dinner (pizza, at Miles' request). They flew back from Florida on his birthday to be able to see him!
He got a cool baseball shirt and a pair of his Florida shades for Wheaton.
He had asked several times on his birthday when he'd get to see Wes, so I was happy that we'd planned to meet the Bordners for fro-yo after dinner. These two really seem to be kindred spirits.
He's also been wearing his birthday crown around since they celebrated at school the Wednesday before his birthday. Good for him! The celebrations will continue this weekend and next...
No comments:
Post a Comment