Our little man will be four months next week, and since we'll be on vacation when that happens, I'll give a quick update of what he's doing at 3 months and 27 days. (Just watch, now he'll start talking tomorrow just to spite me...)
He's not going for his four month check-up for another couple of weeks, but I think it's safe to say he's a bit of a chunk. He's mostly in 3-6 month clothes, but he's not swimming in the 6 month stuff. I like to get as much wear as possible out of the stuff, so I squeeze him into it as long as possible. Speaking of getting wear out of things, he owes his cousin Luke a few sets of PJ's that he's ruined by pooping out of his diaper at night. Contrary to his appearance in this picture, he's pretty good at tummy time. I think I took this after he rolled over.
Speaking of, he started rolling onto his stomach the day he turned 3 months. He prefers to sleep that way, or at least on his side. He hasn't gone tummy to back yet. He's still a thumb sucker. He's not spitting up as badly, but he's drooling like crazy. He's also bringing everything to his mouth. Maybe we'll see teeth soon? He's gotten really good at reaching for and grasping things.
He's eating 5 times a day. Sometimes he'll go 2 hours between feedings, sometimes 4. It's largely dependent on how and when he sleeps. He's consistently taking at least one solid (30 minutes or more) nap in the morning and afternoon (afternoon is usually closer to 2 hours). Traveling - and having an older sister with a social life - has impeded his schedule. He's still doing well at night, falling asleep around 7 and sleeping until 7 or so.
He's really a pretty content little guy. He's generally happy as long as he's clean, fed, and is able to see someone's face. He still loves his sister and is starting to "flirt" with strangers when we're out and about. We've gotten more laughter out of him, but I haven't been able to get it on film yet. This is the closest I got. He was BELLY laughing before I got out the camera!
He's such a special little guy and we're blessed and thankful that he's ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment