Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beating the Heat


There have been several days lately where we've had to get creative with how to spend our time. Normally, we'd be outside more (personally I LOVE the heat), but it's hard to keep Miles cool even in the shade. I can usually keep us occupied by shopping somewhere or just hanging out at the house, but Matt hates browsing and tends to get stir-crazy in the house. One of the afternoons that he was home, we decided to use an (expired over a year ago) coupon that I had from Living Social to a nearby place called Kidstown. Matt convinced them to let us use it. There's a reason he's in sales.

 

The place was pretty cute - they had all different rooms with different themes, like a grocery store, beauty shop, library, etc. There was also a little jungle gym. It wasn't crowded so Brooke was impressively independent. She was so proud of going down this slide by herself. Indoor play places are traumatic for all of us. I think her favorites were the grocery store and the dancing room where she was able to see herself dancing on a monitor.


We've also had to limit our time at the pool this summer. Brooke is still very cautious in the water and again, it's been hot for the baby even in the shade. I did get some photos on one of the few trips we've taken there this summer.


She wouldn't go under the mushroom last year. This year she enjoys it (as long as one of us are with her).


Miles being a trooper.


Look at those cheeks (his, not mine)!


No comments:

Post a Comment