Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fun in the Sun



During our (almost) week home between St. Louis and Southhaven, we took full advantage of having fun at home, which included a trip to the pool.


 I've given up on putting him in his rash guard. It's really cute, but he's not really in the water enough for the bathing suit to make sense, and the long sleeves just seem cruel in the hot weather. We went for a nautical themed onesie instead and I think he liked it.



 

She's looking more and more like a little girl, so I love how this pic captures her chubby thighs.

 
 
We also took a trip to the DuPage County Fair with our friends Christy and Kali. Brooke and Kali were born a week apart. They've "known" each other since they were about 6 weeks old and Christy and I went to a Mommy and Me class at the church we were attending. They're going to the same preschool this fall and will eventually be in the same elementary school. We have a ton of fun with them, thanks especially to Christy coming up with all kinds of creative things for us to do.
 

I don't think Brooke's met a carnival ride she didn't like, and the little activity booths were a big hit.


The clown creeped her out - can't say I blame her - but the excitement of the trumpet distracted her enough to get this shot.


There was also a butterfly tent that was really cool. We found out that that whole story about maiming a butterfly if you touch it's wings is an old wives' tale. You learn something new every day.


Summer's winding down and we're trying to make the most of it! An update on our family vacation is in the works, but I have a ton of pics to edit and go through, so it may be a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last picture! What a cutie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carny Butterflies are just a little tougher than the average stock. I'm sending this little post to the people at the Butterfly House so they can come after you for spreading lies.

    ReplyDelete