Sunday, July 1, 2012

I'm on a Boat



This has been a really fun, but hectic, last few weeks. The weekend after we ran the 5K and celebrated Father's Day, our church had Vacation Bible School (VBS). Brooke was able to attend this year (technically it was for 3 and up) and I was the teacher in her class. It was a little challenging getting our acts together to be at church by 8:30 each morning, and Miles gave the nursery workers a run for their money the first couple days, but we had a lot of fun. Brooke's favorite part was "the show" as she called it, when everyone got together at the beginning and end of the day to sing the songs and practice the motions to them. And I was reminded how much I love working with that age group. I wish I'd have gotten some pictures, but I was busy making sure I didn't lose any preschoolers.

I also wish that we'd have been at church that Sunday for the performances, but we were busy having fun at our friends, the Clousings', place in Culver, IN. I don't know how/why I didn't get a photo of all the families that were there. We had 8 adults and 6 kids under 3 in one house. We spent our days at the beach with people trading off boating and childcare. Quite a different experience from 4 years ago when there were no kids, but everyone still  had a really good time. Thanks for having us, Jeff and Michelle!


I DID have my camera out for the girls' first tubing experience and Miles' first time on a boat. He was initially not a fan of the life jacket.


He was much happier when the boat was moving.


Brooke was super-excited.



The lovely Westra family. I don't think Blake was prepared for this one, hence the creeper pose in the background.


Beck was ready to drive. He would sneak behind the wheel anytime Jeff got out of his seat.


Brooke LOVED the tube. She kept asking to go faster. As Amy pointed out, she's pretty much up for anything as long as Matt or I am right there with her.


We also watched Jeff's brother's kids water-skiing and Brooke decided she wanted to try. She wasn't quite ready for the boat to pull her, but had fun having Matt and Scott pull her around on the beach. Thanks, Scott! (FYI - I cropped you out of the photo as I don't like to "publish" bathing suit shots of anyone without their permission. Not that it wasn't impressive.)





Hopefully next year she'll be able to do it. Let's be honest, she doesn't have genetics on her side. Regardless, I can just about guarantee that one of the infants or toddlers with us last weekend will get up on skis before I do.

1 comment:

  1. Isaac's first life jacket experience was not the greatest either. :) Poor guy - they are way too uncomfortable for 15 lb babies! Hopefully next summer. Looks like you guys are doing wonderful!

    ReplyDelete