A couple of weeks ago, our church held a 5K to raise funds for Africa New Life, an organization that we're partnering with (the same organization that Matt's football clinic raised funds for). Brooke had fun hanging out with some of her besties, Haley and Emily. They're looking so much more like little girls than toddlers!
We ended up having a great turnout, which was exciting for the fund-raising, but not for Matt's hopes of winning the race (he says he wasn't serious about this, but I think deep down he was - if you know Matt you'd probably agree with me). He did still get a medal, finishing 2nd in the 30-39 category. And I kind of think that I deserve a medal for running the whole race pushing both kids in a stroller.
Brooke loved the face paint. She got balloons and a football - legitimately her choices. She got this snow cone later in the day at Matt's alumni baseball game...which was about as exciting as it sounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment