Thursday, May 14, 2015

Weekend Visit


We made a quick visit to St. Louis this past weekend. The weather was pretty warm, but also rainy. We visited my grandparents on Friday afternoon (I didn't get any pictures of that this time), then went to see "Monkey Kingdom" at the cheap movie theater. It was a really cute movie and the kids all did great.


We went to dinner after and thankfully had the patio to ourselves for most of it so these guys could do this kind of stuff.


On Saturday morning, my dad made a big breakfast for us. When I told Brooke we were going over there for breakfast she cheered and said, "Papa T makes the BEST breakfast!" And I have to agree. Even though I'm not really breakfast person, I indulge when he cooks it.


There was a spirited game of "Hi Ho Cherry-O."


Paige enjoyed the exersaucer.


And the big kids got a little time with Grandma's computers.


The memorial service for my Aunt Esther was Saturday afternoon. It was very well-done and touching and I'm so glad we were able to be there. I was also able to see a lot of family that I hadn't seen in years. Here are all my dad's grandkids with his sister, Brenda's, granddaughters. They had fun playing together.


Aunt Nancy played catch with Miles and Danielle for probably an hour.


He was happy to show off the skills he learned in sports class.


This sweet girl keeps getting bigger and cuter and smiley-er. Love her!


We finished the weekend with breakfast at Cracker Barrel. On Mother's Day. Not our wisest decision.


We had to wait for about an hour, but the kids did well, especially considering the sleep-deprivation they're always suffering from by the end of our visits.


It was great to be able to see so much family and celebrate special ladies - Aunt Esther, and my grandma and mom. See you next month, St. Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment