Thursday, May 14, 2015
Mother's Day
Mother's Day was a little hectic this year, but filled with getting to see and celebrate lots of special moms in our lives. I was planning to start the day with a run, but Matt got up with Paige and the other two slept until 8:45, so I laid in bed, instead. Matt took the above picture and put it in a journal that I may or may not have bought and told him to start for me (and reminded him to do again this year). Each year, instead of a card, he puts in a picture of the kids. Then they each draw/write on a page and he gets quotes from each of them about me. This was only our second year doing it, but I love it already.
Brooke had been planning a puppet show for me all week. She made the butterfly puppet at home, then she and Lexi made other puppets when we got to St. Louis. I think the original plan was for everyone but the moms to have a puppet, but they did just fine with the two of them.
It was a really cute play about insects (what Brooke was learning about in school last week).
I'd imagine we'll have many more performances like this in our future.
I mentioned that we went out to breakfast that morning, too. Here are my parents and my Aunt Nancy with my kids.
After breakfast and the puppet show, we made our way back home. Brooke and Miles didn't fall asleep until about 3 hours into the ride, which also kept Paige from sleeping well. But we made it safely and they were in pretty good spirits at Matt's grandma's, so I can't complain.
Maybe one day we'll get a good shot of all of them?
Then all the grandparents got in on the action.
Paige got her first taste of summer sausage AND enjoyed some of the yummy cake that Will and Jamie made.
She also got to play with/poke at Bri for a bit.
Of course it's not without it's stresses and monotony, but the past 5 1/2 years have truly been the happiest of my life. I love these kids more than I can express and am so incredibly thankful to God that I get to be the one they call mom. Happy Mother's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I bought a journal this year and told David I wanted him and the kids to write notes instead of cards. I know it will be something I will treasure having.
ReplyDelete