Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Arboretum

 

Since we've moved here, I've been to the Morton Arboretum several times with friends (I miss you, Beth!) and always had a great time, so this year I decided it was worth buying a family pass. We've only had it a few weeks, but I'm going to go ahead and say I was right. We've already been twice (once as a family and once when my parents came up) and the kids have had a great time both times.


Yes, we do spend most of our time at the water features, but my children (Brooke, at least) are creatures of habit - much like their parents - and know what they like.

 

The Arboretum tends to draw a rather "earthy" group who I'm guessing were torn between applauding my decision to let Miles play in the water without his clothes and turning up their noses at my use of disposable diapers.


I love the varying expressions on our faces in this shot. Seriously, what was going on behind the camera?!?


Maybe next time we'll got some shots out of the water. Maybe not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment