This past weekend, we had the honor of being in our friends' Justin and Danielle's wedding. Brooke and Miles were members of a five-piece flower girl/ring bearer entourage and I was a reader (or "lady reader" as my corsage was labeled). Look at those shots. It's kind of surprising they didn't want me to be the wedding photographer, right?
Brooke and the beautiful bride.
My handsome men.
We really weren't sure how things were going to go. The kids did great at the rehearsal - the first time down the aisle. Then things kind of fell apart (Brooke wanted to drop the flowers instead of pull the wagon, one of the other girls wanted to ride in the wagon, etc). We took them home and put them straight to bed. Oh, and did I mention that Brooke was running a high fever up to this point? I took her to the doctor and he said that it was just viral and to let her rest that weekend. Ha!
Brooke woke up the next day excited for the wedding and upset that she had to wait until after lunch to put on her "beautiful dress". The wedding was at 2:30, so we tried to have Miles hold off on his morning nap as long as possible.
Clearly, a great family photo from that day was not in the cards for us...
I don't have any videos or photo of the actual event, but the kids did pretty well. That being said, Matt was the MVP. The doors opened and Brooke and Maddie (pulling the wagon) kind of froze as they saw the crowd. I saw Brooke say, "We need to go faster, Maddie!" but then didn't move. Matt gave them a little help by shoving the wagon forward, but that sent Miles lounging back into the lap of Chloe (also riding in the wagon). So basically, the wagon inched its way down the aisle with Matt pushing it and Miles low-riding inside of it. It was pretty funny, and at least no one was crying. The kids then went downstairs with a friend who volunteered to watch them during the ceremony. Oh, and I killed my reading, naturally. Brooke wanted to get a little Bible reading in while we were waiting for pictures.
Here's Miles about 2 hours past bedtime. He was awesome!
Flower Girl Posse.
The kids also did a great job at the reception. Brooke woke up on Monday saying, "I had a lot of fun at D's wedding." Overall, I'd call it a success and now feel pretty comfortable offering my kids' services for your wedding needs. Matt's mom was able to swing by to help out and see the kids before the wedding and got this video of them as they were about to walk down the aisle. Everything kind of fell apart from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment