I'm not sure what's going on with the weather here, but we had our biggest snowstorm of the year last Tuesday. For those who need help with the calendar, that was March 5. The good news about snow this late in the season is that it's gone in a few days. I was inspired by the snow and decided to pull out one of my OT tricks and have Brooke play in the shaving cream "snow".
While I was in the basement looking for the shaving cream I'd used with my students, Brooke stepped on a toy and cut her foot. Then, my little chip-off-the-old-block wasn't super excited to get her hands dirty. She eventually embraced it and we were having fun drawing in it when Miles woke up. I went up to get him, forgetting to remind Brooke not to touch her eyes. Cue the painful screams.
The poor thing. I rushed down to help her clean out her eyes (I would've taken a pic but she was genuinely in pain) and she said, "I don't think I like playing with shaving cream." We'll try it again after the emotional scars have healed.
When Matt got home, we all went outside for a bit to play in the snow. Miles wasn't too impressed.
It wasn't the best packing snow, so Matt and Brooke's snowman became a snow "castle". Complete with carrot door and windows (not pictured).
Seriously, I'm ready for spring...
No comments:
Post a Comment