Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Big Kids

Both the kids seem to be wanting to grow up lately. Part of me loves it and part of me hates it. Here's Brooke trying to "teach" Miles to crawl on his knees. He happily continued army crawling after her. It was pretty funny, but I didn't switch to video in time. (Sidenote: Though the time change has messed up all of our sleep schedules a bit around here, I love that this picture was taken after dinner and it's still light out! Of course, we eat close to 5:30 these days. But still...)


Speaking of sleep schedules, his independently sitting up has taken a toll on his morning naps. Which is actually okay with me because he makes up for it with extra-long afternoon naps. Knock on wood.


I'm still trying to figure out what to do about Brooke's nap. I really think she still needs one at least a few days a week, but a lot of times a nap in the afternoon means she doesn't fall asleep until way too late at night. And let's be honest, Mommy needs some quiet time, too. So, at my discretion, I've let her play in her room during nap time a couple of days this week. After running up and down the stairs about ten times to her shouts of "Mommy!", I finally got through to her that it wasn't time for me to play with her or come up to fix one of her toys. She was alone for about an hour and I came up to the above scene - sorry about the lighting. She was throwing a "wedding" for her and her "husband" (who she wasn't able to give me a proper name for).


I let her do the same thing today and was greeted with the above scene when I went to check on her.


Miles is holding his own bottle most of the time now! And he seems to be getting the hang of the sippy cup.


And Brooke continues to love hanging out with her best friend up here, Kali. We spent last Friday at the DuPage Children's Museum. Despite the looks on their faces in the last picture, they genuinely had a good time.


1 comment:

  1. They're getting so big :( I love the picture of Brooke passed out! Ha!

    ReplyDelete