Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Miles at 5 Months



 It's hard to believe, but Miles will be five months old tomorrow (the 30th). I've been posting so many photos lately that I've posted most of his good ones, so the ones one this post aren't the greatest/most recent. I mentioned this in one of my early posts about Brooke, but it's amazing to see what we can and can't already tell about babies in a few short months. And since I enjoyed going back and reading about her as a baby, I thought I'd do the same for Mi-Guy (aka Mi-mo, Mi-mis, Mis {all obviously pronounced with the "my" sound and most given by Brooke} - it's funny how we lengthen our children's single syllable names when giving them nicknames).

 

We know that Miles likes to move. I'm going to call right now that he's "all boy." I'm already having to hold him down with one hand to stop him from rolling over when changing his diaper. AND he gets a kick out of it when I feign frustration. We also know that he's an active sleeper. He rolls back and forth and rotates around the bed like it's his job. He was over the swaddle before he was 2 months old. Speaking of sleeping, he's *so far* doing a great job sleeping through the night, going to bed around 6:30 and not waking until 6 or so. Naps, however, are not his strong suit. We've got to work on lengthening those puppies. We know that he was early to get teeth (2 before 5 months) but also that he was amazingly easygoing about them coming in. So far, he's a man of few words. He'll get on a little bit of a babbling kick, but he's generally pretty quiet and content to chew on/play with his toys.


Despite his appearance in this photo, he's actually generally an easygoing baby. He's happy just to have someone nearby. Usually if he's crying, it's because he's poopy or has rolled himself onto his tummy and forgotten how to roll back. Physicality seems to be the quickest means to getting him to laugh - playing with his arms, rolling him around...like I said, all boy. He's a full-fledged thumb sucker. He's also kind of gross (said in a loving, motherly way). He's pretty drooly and still spits up after most feedings, though not as much as he was before. I've also noticed that he doesn't seem super-inclined to adjusting to any schedule, much to my type-A frustration. I don't think he's ever gotten up or been ready to go back down from sleeping at the same time two days in a row. He eats at pretty much the same times, but I think if I wasn't controlling that, it'd be significantly less predictable as well.


We don't officially know what color his eyes will be, but I'm also going to call this one early and say brown. We don't know who he's going to look more like, although right now he's looking a LOT like Brooke, who looks a lot like Matt. We don't know what he's going to find funny when he's older or what he's going to be interested in. We hope he'll continue to adore his sister, but who knows? We don't know if he'll be a lefty or a righty (I think he's going to bat lefty whether he likes it or not, though). We can't wait to have all these questions answered about him and see the person that he's going to become - physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We pray for each of those areas and that he, too, will always know how proud we are of him and how much and how unconditionally he is loved, both by us and the by God who made him. Happy 5 months, Little Big Boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment