Sunday, August 26, 2012
Happy Birthday to Me
Last Friday was my birthday. When I said to Brooke early in the week, "Did you know my birthday is Friday?" She said, "Yeah, and then my birthday will be Saturday, right?" Sorry, kid, give it a couple more months.
Matt had prior obligations on my actual birthday (golf and football, but who's keeping track?) so he took me out on Sunday night while Jamie and Will watched the kids. We saw "Beasts of the Southern Wild," an indie movie that I'd read about. We really liked it but it's certainly not for everyone. And it was one of our only non-blockbuster options. One thing that I really miss about St. Louis is the ease with which we were able to see good concerts and indie movies. It's definitely possible up here, but it takes a lot more work to get to them. At any rate, we had a really good time.
The night before, I enjoyed my free birthday dinner at Medinah with Matt and the kids. I'm going to go ahead and brag here because this is my blog: the is the second time in about two months that we've been out to dinner and been complimented by strangers on how good our kids were. That's certainly not always the case and it's nice to hear that to balance out the times that I leave the grocery store near tears because they're both melting down at the check out...or the times when Brooke refuses to smile and look at the camera.
The Ryder Cup is coming to Medinah next month and everyone is pretty excited. I got a little more pumped when I found out Justin Timberlake is going to be an "ambassador," which probably just means that he's going to be around for some camera time to get people like me more interested in the event. Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute shoes. :)
ReplyDelete