Monday, September 10, 2012

Pee Skew



Brooke is going to a 2 1/2-year-old preschool (or "pee skew" as it sounds when she says it) this year and we had her orientation last Wednesday. I can't believe we're already here. How did that happen so fast?




We're at the "awkward photo face" phase. Now I'm totally getting why some of my friends' kids' pictures look the way they do. I apologize for thinking  your kids had weird smiles.


Here she is outside the school. Leading up to that day, I didn't really know how to feel. I would feel a little sad when thinking about my baby girl going to preschool, then nervous - finding things to worry about: "What if they don't understand what she's saying?"; "What if she has an accident?" - Matt reminded me that she's not the first 2 1/2 year old these teachers will have met - then excited for her. I always loved the anticipation of the first day of school. And let's be honest - I was kind of a nerd and really enjoyed school. I hope she has the same feelings.


Matt came along and we hung out in the room for the whole 45 minutes. She didn't seem to care that we were there. Which I know is a good thing, but c'mon, couldn't she have been a little clingy?!?


"Moooom, you're so embarrassing!" - she didn't really say that, but she was over taking pictures.


Afterward, we had a special "Girls Day" with her friend Kali, starting with mani/pedis.


Pink sparkles, natch.


She did well for the first 30 minutes or so, but then she was DONE. She ruined one of the flowers the lady put on her thumb almost immediately. This place was fine, but they did not specialize in kiddie mani/pedis.


"Cheese!"


Back at the ranch, Miles got to hang out with Grammie Deb and Grandpa.


We had a fancy lunch at Chick-fil-a (Complete with a play land meltdown, in case you were wondering. Someday she'll conquer that slide.).


And topped things off with a stop at Yogli Mogli.


It was great to spend some time with just my girl and we were lucky to have special friends to share the day with.


Dance party! Good thing the place was empty.


The "real" first day was today. I'll get to that update asap.

1 comment:

  1. HA love Ozzie creeping in the first two pics. and how adorable that you took her to get mani pedis! I want to come next time

    ReplyDelete