Sunday, August 26, 2012

August


Here's another photo dump for August. Miles is getting pretty stinking good at tummy time. He's rolled tummy to back a few times, but I wouldn't say it's mastered yet.


A little while back, we went to a restaurant called 2 Toots with my friends Jen and Joy and their kids. It was a really cute place and the kids had a great time. Brooke enjoyed riding the mechanical horse.


  

A couple of weeks back, I was at the park with my friend Amber and we were pushing our kids on the swings. I thought that Miles was fussing as I was pushing Brooke, but when I looked down I realized that he was cracking up every time she came near us for me to push her back. It might be one of the cutest things he's done so far.


Poor Ozzie. He's so patient with the kids. How his life has changed...


Bumbo attempt #1: fail. It didn't help that it was close to bedtime (6:30 these days!) and his sister was trying to climb in behind him. Subsequent attempts have been much more successful. And I am aware of the recall -  I keep him on the floor and within reach whenever we use it, which is not often. For Brooke, it was a nice transition piece before she was totally independent in sitting up.


Chilling at the playground. I'm trying to remember to enjoy him "chilling" before he gets on the move and things get that much crazier.


One of our last days at the pool for the season and we had the place virtually to ourselves.


This girl is the SLOWEST eater. Good thing she's cute. We've got to figure something out or we're going to be *that family* rushing in late to preschool every day. Actually, we'll probably still be that family - I can just blame it on her if she keeps eating slowly.


This boy is not going to be the sleeper his sister was/is. He's great at night, but some days can get by on a couple of 45 minute naps. It probably doesn't help that he cut his second (!) tooth this week. And no, he's not quite 5 months old.


Last week was when I would have been going back to work for the school year. I was sad, but not as sad as I expected to be. I LOVE my job as an OT and I LOVE the people that I work with at Jefferson, but I know that this is the right choice for our family right now. As I've said to several people, it's certainly not the easier choice. There are days that I wouldn't mind someone else coming up with ways to keep the kids occupied for the day. But I'm so blessed that I'm able to do this and I know that the time is going to fly, so I'm going to try to treasure as much of the time as I can. Life is good. God is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment