Thursday, July 1, 2010

8 Month Update


Brookester turned eight months old on Sunday. We celebrated with some (gag) chicken and sweet potato baby food. I don't think it's a coincidence that Ozzie is MUCH more interested in the smell of her food when there's some "meat" in there. As long as I'm not the one grinding the meat, I guess...


She's become quite the social butterfly, flirting with the people behind us in line at the store or at the next table over when we're eating out. She's also learned that the louder she "talks", the more quickly she gets attention. Just yesterday, we were on a walk with Ozzie and, no lie, the man an entire block ahead of us turned around in response to her "talking".


She loves to clap. We're working on waving and high fives. She's become quite the momma's girl, especially when she's tired. (I'd be lying if I said I didn't secretly kind of like it.) She's starting to get her first tooth and aside from being a little more tired than normal, she seems to be handling it really well. Because she's so laid back when being held, my Dad's given her the nickname "Noodle". As far as the crawling thing? Check back with me in a few months. She's in no hurry, so why should I be, right?


Brooke really is such a sweet, social, happy baby. We continue to marvel at how blessed we are and try to treasure every minute. For your viewing pleasure, I'll leave you with a video of her and Matt playing. Notice her noticing the camera about halfway through. Little ham!

No comments:

Post a Comment