We got back from our trip to St. Louis late Thursday night and turned around Friday afternoon to head to Culver, IN, with our friends Jeff and Michelle and Scott and Kristina. Jeff's parents have a house there and were gracious enough to let us stay for the weekend. Thank you, Clausens!
It was a really great weekend with great friends. Jeff is a phenomenal water skier and every morning a group headed out to the boat for some skiing while the water was calm. In the afternoons we would take walks, boat rides, or just hang out on the screened-in porch.
The town is such a cute, throwback town. We didn't use a car (except to load gear on to the boat), television (except to watch "The Italian Job"), or a computer all weekend. So relaxing! And at night, we played multiple games of Settlers of Catan. A board game that other people enjoy?!? Be still my heart! (Brief sidenote - 1) I could play board games every night; 2) We were introduced to this game by our friends, The Murphys, several years ago. It sounds incredibly dorky and you feel kind of foolish explaining it, but once you catch on, it's addictive!)
Brooke loved the boat. The life jacket, not so much.
After some protesting, she eventually just kind of resigned herself to being uncomfortable.
She was noticeably more happy/comfortable by the second day.
In packing all of her water/sun/boat things for the boat, I neglected to pack her restaurant stuff. So rather than focusing on how she's disgustingly eating leftover coleslaw off of a dirty table, focus on her nice pincer grasp.
I love Settlers too. Our friends introduced it to us right after we got married. I've seen people sleeping on the couch after a hard fought game.
ReplyDeleteHow could I not comment/create an account to comment? We had fun with you guys this weekend! Brooke was a trooper with the life jacket. We'll have to get you the other pictures soon!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm glad you can comment now, Michelle!
ReplyDeleteMaybe that's what we should do when we get together in August, Laura!
I'm really excited about getting some face time on the blog
ReplyDelete