Wednesday, July 28, 2010

3/4 of a Year


Brooke turned 9 months old yesterday. We spent a large portion of the day playing with Ozzie. They're definitely interacting more lately. I think it's a combination of her being able to do more (like grab his tail and fur, which doesn't seem to bother him at all) and his realizing that A) she's going to be around for awhile, B) she's a source of increasingly desirable food and C) when he's nice to her, we're nicer to him. Whatever the reason, it's fun to see.


Here are Brooke's 9 month stats:
Weight - 16 lb, 15 oz; 18%
Height - 27 1/2 in; 49%

And her head circumference was in the 81st percentile. I've joked enough about the size of her head, so I'll just leave it alone this time. I don't want to give her another reason to be mad at me when she goes back and reads these when she's a teenager.


What can I say about Brookester at nine months old? She continues to be such a sweetheart. It seems like she's getting more and more easygoing. This could also be that I'm getting more comfortable with her and getting to know her better, but she really is a pretty chill baby. She's still quite the "talker" and she loves to laugh. She's still sleeping well and eats anything we give her. She's great a finger foods and I must say that her fine motor skills are pretty impressive. She's seems to be very observant and loves older kids, especially girls.

She's able to stand when we give her something to brace herself on, like her crib railing or the ottoman. I guess you could say that technically she's mobile. She's great at rotating in a circle and is now moving backward. She can't seem to get forward movement, but I'm much more frustrated about that than she is. She'll just find something else to interest her. She continues to love to cuddle and read. Her current favorite book is one with a bunch of pictures of real babies in it. She really gets a kick out of it!

This photo wasn't taken right after she was crying - her right eye still has a blocked tear duct.

We continue to thank God every day for the blessing of getting to be her parents, and pray for wisdom as she grows.


Here's a video of us playing with Oz. If you look closely, you can see her two teeth on her bottom gum. I've had a hard time getting a photo of it because she always sticks her tongue out when she smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment