As Brooke hair has all but completely fallen out, my options for bows are limited these days. Do I stick a bow on to the remaining shock of hair that she has on top of her head and risk a few of those hairs falling out, or do I embrace the ambiguity that comes with a bald baby?
I don't think it's fair that girl babies be required to wear pink ALL the time or risk being mistaken for a boy. While I don't mind the color pink, I'd like her to have a little variety in her wardrobe. However, while I'd like to think that Brooke is feminine enough to look like a girl even in brown or blue, when I'm objective about it, it could really go either way, ala "Pat" from SNL. So, I've decided to not be offended when people call her "him" (like the lady at the airport last week when Brooke had a giant freaking flower on her shirt that happened to have a green stripe on it). But come on, when commenting on a baby, just leave the pronouns out, people!
(Case in point, Brooke and Matt inadvertently wore matching outfits the other day.)
No need to worry at this point. It is sad when this is still occurring, at say, the eighth grade level. :)
ReplyDelete