Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day


Matt frequently takes the brunt of my sarcastic humor on this blog and it's definitely past due that he get some credit for being the great dad that he is.


From the minute we found out I was pregnant, Matt has been incredibly involved in Brooke's life (including coming to doctor's visits and making sure I avoided non-pasteurized cheeses and non-cooked lunch meats).


It's been both fun and emotional to see him develop as a father and become more and more comfortable with Brooke. He can't wait to be the one to get her out of bed in the morning and to put her to bed at night. The first time I heard him say a prayer for her at bedtime, I thought with tears in my eyes about how blessed Brooke is to have such an amazing daddy, and how blessed I am to have such an incredible partner as we go on this journey of raising this little person.


Matt is so proud of Brooke and loves to incorporate Brooke into the things that he enjoys, like listening to music on the computer and WWS football.


Matt is often "Captain Safety" when it comes to Brooke (at the mall the other day, he cautioned me not to walk to closely to the second-floor railing while holding her - I know I'm clumsy, but I'd like to think I'm not THAT clumsy). However, he's also quick to try new things with her that she usually ends up loving, like rough-housing or tasting food from his mouth.


Brooke loves her daddy and so do I. Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I'd think that the food things was a little gross, except that Tim and Lexi do it all the time. Happy Father's Day Matt!

    ReplyDelete