Last Saturday, we had our celebration for Miles' 2nd birthday with family and a few of Miles' friends. After his experience with his birthday cake in St. Louis, he knew the drill for this cake and was ready to dive in as soon as we picked it up that afternoon. I joked that I should have told people just to get him snacks for gifts.
One of his gifts from us was a water table and I was hoping that it'd be warm enough for the kids to play with outside. Silly me. Instead, I set it up in the basement and Miles loved it. We took off his shirt for obvious reasons.
Miles, Cam and Kellen enjoying a beverage after playing hard.
Brooke is the only girl in this little group and I don't think she minds. It allows her to exercise her motherly/bossy instincts.
Singing "Happy Birthday."
Blowing out the candles. He did it himself!
What he'd been waiting for all day.
Then it was on to gifts. He was pretty excited about the "ball" wrapping paper.
Opening gifts. As usual, everyone was far too generous. He got lots of sports and transportation-themed gifts, with a little Bubble Guppies thrown in.
Having fun trying everything out.
His first golf lesson.
Brooke, practicing for her golf lessons that start this summer (seriously).
Here's Miles playing with Aunt Jamie before opening all the new toys.
And hanging with his best bud, Uncle Mike.
Here are the kids before the party started, "helping" me set up the balloons.
Brooke was pretty set on wearing her "poodle dress" that day. The fluffier the dress, the better for her these days.
Possibly one of our last pics as a family of four? It was a fun evening spent with family and friends and Miles is so lucky to have all of you!
(*Special thanks to Mike, Mackenzie and Debbie for the pics they took. I'm pretty sure we'd have little to no photographic record of the day if not for them.*)
Love the haircut. It looks shorter than when I saw you. I'm in a hair rut and need something new. Happy Birthday, Miles!
ReplyDelete