Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Miles is Two!


Our Little Sweet Boy turned two on Sunday. What can I say about this little guy at two years old?


His language is really starting to take off compared to where it was a few months ago. He's combining words pretty regularly. One of my favorite phrases that he uses is, "Mama, where are you?" He also says, "Me too" often (whenever anyone else is getting anything, basically). We taught him to say, "Two" and hold up two fingers whenever anyone asked him how old he was going to be, so now that's his standard answer for most questions, including, "What's your name?" Miles is not that hard a name to pronounce, so I cannot figure out why he refuses to try. "Num-e-num" is probably his most commonly used phrase, as he's always asking for food.


Speaking of food, I've created a monster by giving him juice in the morning. Apple juice is his favorite. He's not too picky with foods, but is much more of a snacker than a meal-eater. He actually really enjoys drinking water, too. Yogurt and cheese are two of his favorite relatively healthy foods. He's very thoughtful, especially when it comes to his sister. Almost anytime he's given something, he'll ask, "Brooke?" to make sure that she can have some if she wants it.


I mentioned this before, but he's not a fan of posing for pictures on anyone's terms but his own these days. We've definitely see his two-year-old will emerge a bit lately, including hitting us when he's frustrated. Brooke never did that and I attributed it to our parenting. Ha! He's usually good about listening and coming when we tell him, but every so often, we'll get the over-the-shoulder smirk as he runs the opposite direction. He's showing some interest in potty training, including sitting on the kiddie seat, but I've heard enough horror stories about potty training boys that I'm not going to push it.


He's really into books and always wants to bring one down in the morning with him. He's a clown and loves to make other people laugh, but can also be very shy, especially when strangers are looking at him. He's still pretty cuddly and quite the Mama's Boy, although he loves Dada and Brooke with all his heart. He's such a special little guy and we thank God that we can call him ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment