Thursday, April 10, 2014

Lately


The kids have been keeping us on our toes as we wait for #3 to arrive (due date is 4/13 and he/she seems to be in no hurry). Brooke got her stitches out on  Friday and Miles had his 2-year check-up (42% for weight, 84% for height). Then, Miles developed a cough over the weekend that led to me and the kids not going to church on Sunday. I had also forgotten to buy cinnamon rolls (our typical Sunday breakfast), so we headed to DD. Of course the kids picked the Peeps doughnut (Papa T would be proud) and got their sugar intake for the week. It was a fun treat.


Sunday night, Brooke decided to pull off her steri-strip and scab while trying to go to sleep. She did that again last night, too, so we're going back to keeping a band-aid over the wound. On Monday, we kept to ourselves again because Miles was still coughing and not sleeping well. We stopped by a playground on our way back from picking up butterfly bandages to replace the steri-strip that she'd pulled off. It is SO nice to be able to play outside again!


I've mentioned that she's into picking out her own clothes now, right?


Having a "picnic".


This is a selfie that Brooke and her buddy, Olivia (my friend, Joy's, daughter) took on a play date last week. Pretty cute!


Brooke wanted her hair like Anna and Elsa. The braids go in okay, but only last for about 20 minutes. Maybe if I braid them wet they'll stay better?


Jamie came over to say hi to the kids and Miles was especially sad to see her go. He stood at the window yelling, "Mamie! Mamie!" until she drove away, then he said, "Mamie, where are you?" after she'd driven away. I'd have gotten a video, but I was fixing B's braids...again.


Miles is enjoying "baseball" now that we're playing outside again. He was playing with Grandpa Brian and Grammie Deb on this afternoon. Matt informed them that our kids are going to grow up batting lefty. I say that with my genetics, they have enough going against them athletically and it's just mean to make it more difficult than it will inevitably be.



So, after 5 nights of Miles not sleeping well and sounding like he'd been smoking for his whole 2 years, I took him to the doctor yesterday and it turns out that he has an ear infection and a virus that's been exacerbated by a constriction of his respiratory muscles? After one dose of an antibiotic and inhaler, we had our first good night of sleep in a week last night. I feel horrible for not taking him in sooner, I'd just assumed that he'd kick the cold like Brooke and I did. Here he was at the park this morning, already feeling better. I'm trying to soak up every last minute of his being the baby in the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment