Saturday, April 26, 2014

Last Day as a Family of Four


We spent a fun and pretty busy day as a family last Saturday. Of course, we went to the park a couple of doors down. I never thought I'd say it, but I missed that park this winter. 

I had visions of getting this really artistic and touching shot of the kids with my belly before the baby was born, but this is about the best we got.


That morning, after Brooke and Matt made pancakes, we dyed Easter eggs. Brooke's done this with Lexi in the past, but I don't think we've ever done it with just our family. She was really excited about it and had a good time.


She (and Matt, for that matter) was much more into the "drop an egg into every color" technique and didn't appreciate all my artistic suggestions. Miles actually did much better than I expected him to. We had to stop him from spilling/trying to drink the water a couple of times, but we avoided disaster.


Then Miles got mad about something and I had to take a picture. I know it just encourages him, but when he gets mad, it's pretty amusing.


Annnnd we have the Terrible Twos, ladies and gentlemen.


Luckily, they usually balance each other out and when he's acting like that, she's doing something cute, like this.

 

It was a nice day out, so after that, we headed to the Arboretum. I thought the activity might kick start some labor. I pushed the stroller, carried Miles, climbed, you name it. I was ready to have that baby OUT of me.


Miles has been really brave on playground equipment so far this spring. He's still careful, but doesn't seem to have the fear of some of the higher stuff that Brooke does. It's fun to watch.



Miles, leading the way.



We also met Aunt Jane at the playground the day before.


It's obviously blurry, but I love anytime I can capture them interacting/being affectionate.


I think I've mentioned that Brooke has to "get dressed" for rest time each day. This is the ensemble she came down with the other day. I'm kind of enjoying her being a girly-girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment