Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Sweet and Sassy
Early last month, Brooke's BFF, Kali, had her birthday party at Sweet and Sassy. They assured my friend Christy that the girls wouldn't leave looking, how shall we say, "older" than they were. They kind of delivered, although they got a little heavy on the blue eyeshadow for my liking.
Two of Kali's cousins and another of Brooke's besties, Kate, were there. Brooke had been looking forward to this party for awhile. I wasn't quite sure what they were going to do with my baby's fine, curly-ish, static-y hair and as they started doing everyone's hair, I realized they weren't either. They did all the other girls first, and I kind of think each of the workers were subconsciously trying to not be the one who was left to figure out how to do Brooke's hair.
The girl who finally ended up with Brooke spent a good ten minutes trying to do the cute french-braid-from the-front-thing to no avail. For the record, I've tried this style on her countless times and it was kind of gratifying to see someone who "does hair" all the time not be able to do anything with it. She finally ended up giving her two little buns at the top of her head. Again, a little too Miley Cyrus-esque for me, but Brooke felt beautiful so that's all that mattered.
The party ended with a little fashion show and dance party. The girls loved it and Brooke rocked the runway. I'll post a video of it later.
Happy birthday, Kali!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment