Last week, we made the trek mid-week down to St. Louis to begin our holiday celebrations. Tim and Krissi had a "suite" set up for us in the basement, and the kids slept SO well. It was awesome. Of course, they were still fried by the time we headed home today, but just slightly so as compared to completely, which is good as we're heading straight into Christmas celebrations here, then leaving for Florida on the 26th. It's a tough life, I know.
On our first day there, the kids, Krissi, my mom and I went to visit Uncle Joel in his classroom. The kids had fun messing up the room, then showing off for his class when they came in for lunch.
I'm really hoping the boys didn't destroy his smartboard.
That night, the kids made a Cinderella gingerbread "castle" with Tim.
On Friday, we went to visit my Aunt Esther and my grandparents, who watched the kids while Krissi and I ran out for some last minute shopping. Of course, I got no photos of that. Sidenote: I think the chaos of all the kids causes me to forget to take pictures. Or take not very good ones. (BTW, thanks for your contributions to this post's pics, Krissi.) That night, we went to watch Uncle Joel coach his basketball team. My grandparents were able to join us for that, too.
The team won in overtime, although the kids did not appreciate the extra time. Or the lack of cheerleaders and mascot.
The next morning, we went to see "Frozen". My mom had promised she'd take the girls when they were together for Christmas and they were both as, if not more, excited about seeing the movie as they were about opening gifts later that night.
The boys were both really good for it, too. And it was a really cute movie. The songs are still in my head. Matt was especially impressed with the new route they took with the storytelling. Not really, but you can't blame Disney. If it's not broken, why fix it?
We had dinner and opened gifts at my parents' that night. It was so fun to watch the kids. Brooke was so ecstatic about every thing she got. I really wish I could somehow bottle her enthusiasm, gratitude and innocence. I almost got choked up watching her.
While Miles was excited about what he got, about 15 minutes into gifts, he wandered back into the toy room and brought in the toy bus he'd been playing with for the last two days. Maybe next year...
Miles got some cuddle time in with Grandma.
That night, the girls got a "sleepover".
On Sunday, we went to church with Tim and Krissi, then had Christmas with my mom's family. We also celebrated my Grandpa's birthday. No surprise, Miles enjoyed the cake.
Brooke was thrilled with her My Little Pony set (who knew?!?).
And the gift opening ended with the annual wrapping-paper-fight. Miles got in on the action this time.
It was a really busy and fun visit. Of course we also got in some child abuse - here's Miles modeling the Chewbaca backpack that Matt "won" at his Webster office Christmas party. He was obviously happy about it.
And we got in some quality cuddle time.
It was a great visit, as always, and we miss you guys already!
No comments:
Post a Comment