I finally talked Matt into putting up our Christmas decorations the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
It didn't go quite as planned (does it ever?). Brooke had the attention span of a four-year-old. She did do a great job of putting on the ornaments that were "hers". It was fun to tell her stories about where the ornaments came from. And let's be honest, a few of those stories *might* have been made up.
This is pretty much how Miles looked that day. Not impressed. Although now he goes up to the tree first thing in the morning and wants it lit.
Brooke was also inspired to make a Christmas card that night that she wanted to mail to Grammie Deb and Grandpa Brian. Matt made the mistake of telling her that the post office is closed on Saturday night and Sunday. We still put it in the mail and she was excited to hear that they received it a few days later.
We decorated some Christmas cookies.
Miles with rosy cheeks after playing in the snow.
He loves the dancing Christmas tree in the background of this picture. My grandparents gave it to us last year and he plays it multiple times a day. Just today, when I started singing along, he'd say, "Mama, no". I tried not to be offended.
I decided to try to have the kids make some plaster hand molds for the grandparents this year. Spoiler alert to grandparents: you won't be getting them. It was a disaster. The portions they gave on the instructions were off, the timing they gave on the instructions were off, Miles hated the feeling on his hand, and after we thought we finally had it figured out, I came down the next morning to find they'd all cracked. Two hours of our lives we'll never get back. THAT is why I don't do crafty things. Oh, well.
We've got Santa and a couple of Christmas parties on the schedule for this weekend. I'll try to update the blog with those pics before mid-January. Happy holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment