Sunday, December 15, 2013

More Winter Fun


We've been staying very busy despite the cold this past week. Brooke and Grammie Deb met Aunt Jamie for lunch on Tuesday.


We had a fun play date at our house on Friday with Grace, Tye and Baby Ryan.


Brooke was really excited that Ozzie had gifts in his stocking, so I let her give him one the other day. For some reason, this really caused them to bond. She brushed him and played with him for several minutes after, which she doesn't usually do.


And on Thursday, we drove into the city after picking Brooke up from school to go to Winter Wonderfest at Navy Pier with Christy and Kali.


The kids ate in the car and Miles only got a cat nap, but they were both great once we got the the carnival.


The girls really wanted to go on the fast, spinning rides, but the ferris wheel was the best they got. We told them when they're a little taller they can go on those rides - alone.


There was a bouncy area for kids Miles' age and he loved it. He made me climb in after him to get him to come out of this one. 


And they brought in the lighthouse ride that Brooke and Matt rode this summer.The girls also loved this one.


With the ride home in rush hour, it was a bit of a crazy day, but I'm really glad that we did it. 

Some fun quotes from Brooke this past month: 
- "Mommy, you have a beautiful voice. Daddy, you and Miles have handsome voices."
- "Can we hear the 'Mommy Duck' song?" When I asked what she was talking about, she sang, "Feliz Mommy Duck"
- I asked her if she remember what it's called when you eat a meal that's like breakfast and lunch put together and she replied confidently, "Crunch!"

There are so many more that I can't think of now. I really need to write these as she's saying them because I forget too quickly!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment