Friday, May 13, 2011

While Mom's Away...

Two weekends ago, I was able to get away for a couple of nights with some girlfriends from work. We went down to Florida and got some desperately needed sun while having fun and relaxing. I'm so thankful to Matt for encouraging me to go and being so happy to spend (mostly) one-on-one time with his little girl.

While I was gone, I received frequent and much-needed photo updates of my girl. I must disclaim that Brooke spent some time with Grammie while Matt was at work and with Aunt Jamie while he golfed. However, I was only able to upload the photos from Matt's phone since I'm still on the Zach Morris plan.


It turns out all that it took for the weather to turn decent around here was for me to get out of town, so Matt and Brooke (and Ozzie, of course) enjoyed some time outside.


They also went to a new BBQ place for dinner. Twice. In two nights. He's learned that I'm not likely to step foot in there outside of his birthday or Father's Day so he decided to live it up.

It was nice to get away, but it was great to get home. Who wouldn't want to come back to these cuties?

3 comments:

  1. Nice!

    It is also nice to know someone else with Zach's plan. Although I think I have to get a new phone bc my battery won't hold a charge.

    Matt also said you guys can visit us this summer. We have a great baby pool, AC and shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love your Zach plan...you beat Katie with texting so that counts for something, right? ;)

    Anyways, I can attest to the fact that Brooke was well-dressed!

    I'm soooo glad that you got to get away. Katie and I were saying the three of us and all the girls need to get away...even if its just one day to the beach in Chi-town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca - we're definitely looking at dates. I'm sure the girls will have so much fun playing together.

    D - Yes, please!!!

    ReplyDelete