Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day




Brooke was still feeling under the weather on Sunday, so our Mother's Day went from being pretty booked to laid back - and I wasn't complaining.


We started with brunch at Medinah. As you can see, Matt REALLY enjoyed the brunch. (I'm actually not sure why he looks 6 months pregnant. For the record, he has annoyingly nice abs.)



The weather was amazing so I was able to go for a run and spend some time reading outside. We also got to have dinner with Matt's family and (surprise, surprise) watch the Bulls game. It was a great day that I was happy to spend with my little family that I'm so thankful for.


I'd be remiss if I didn't share something I thought about a lot this year. While Mother's Day is such an important day to remind us of how blessed we are to have the mothers (and children) that we have, it also breaks my heart to think of those who have lost mothers or children, or haven't been able to have children of their own despite their desire to be mothers. For what it's worth, I think about you and pray for you often.

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Matt is hilarious! He looks like a true 30-something middle class golfer (although he's not 30 yet).

    ReplyDelete