Brooke was dedicated at our church on Sunday, along with 7 other babies. It was pretty exciting to be a part of our church's first baby dedication "class". By dedicating our babies, we're basically saying that we're committing to raise our children to know about Jesus, and that because it's such an awesome responsibility, we realize that we'll need the help of our family and church family to do this.
Each family got to share a verse and prayer for their child. Matt did the talking because I knew I'd get all weepy if I opened my mouth (and let's be honest, he knows how to work a crowd). Here's what he said:
"Our prayer for Brooke comes from John 10:10. Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." We pray that Brooke would not feel the need to earn God's favor but that she would gladly open her arms to the free gift of salvation that Jesus offers through his death on the cross. By embracing Christ's gift, we pray that she is able to truly live life to the fullest."
We were blessed to have both of our parents and Matt's sister and brother (Jane was at a chiropractor conference) there with us. It was yet another milestone this week. Seriously, can time slow down just a LITTLE?!?
What Matt said was perfect! What a special little girl.
ReplyDelete