Brooke had her second-first birthday party on Sunday. I'm not at all crafty or creative, but I was pretty happy with how the decorations turned out, so I'm going to go ahead a post a few photos. I wanted to display some photos of her for people to look at without making it seem like a shrine. My friend Michelle had the cute idea to hang them.
At both parties, I made cupcakes and brownies. While the cupcakes looked cute, the brownies (I must disclaim that my brownies are kind of popular) were a MUCH bigger hit.
I used the cupcake batter to make an extra large cupcake for Brooke to enjoy. You can kind of see it in this picture.
That was the calm before the storm. In an earlier post, I mentioned how great her party last weekend went. Let's do a 180 degree turn, shall we? To give you a little background, we noticed last weekend that she was getting a couple of new teeth in, but that didn't seem to bother her. Then, she woke up a little sniffly on Wednesday. Again, she wasn't the happiest she's been and wanted to sleep more, but she still didn't seem miserable. THEN, at her check-up on Friday, I let the doctor talk me into giving her some of her shots (She wasn't running a fever still seemed pretty happy. Plus, to this point, she hasn't be affected by the shots. How bad can it be, right?). My poor baby. It was the perfect storm of Bad Things on a weekend of what should have been Good Things. I felt horrible. Even when she had RSV and needed a nebulizer last winter she didn't seem this unhappy. You can see her Sick Eyes in these photos.
Anyway, she rallied as best she could. She really wasn't horrible - she just wasn't herself. She did okay as long as she was being held and didn't see or hear me, which is easier said than done when I was hosting a party and already have an abnormally loud voice. The cake seemed to cheer her up a little, but her appetite wasn't what it usually is so she didn't dive in as much as last week.
She cheered up a little toward the end of the night. I think it's because she knew bedtime was in sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment