Today was a day that I was able to step back and really evaluate how blessed I am. Not because life is perfect, but because I have a healthy family that I love very much. I don't write this to gross you out, but as we enter into Thanksgiving week I realize how truly blessed I am and feel the need to express that.
I tend to always be looking to the next thing rather than enjoying the present, and there's nothing like having a baby (I guess technically a toddler now) to help you realize how quickly the present passes. I have such a hard time really enjoying what's going on now and it's something I'm really working on and praying about. I don't want to worry about Brooke walking. I want to treasure this time that she'll still cuddle with me. I don't want to be thinking about when I can clean the kitchen. I want to watch Brooke as she giggles at a ball rolling across the floor or Ozzie running outside.
I also tend to mask my true emotions in sarcasm. Certainly you're thinking, "I hadn't noticed that!" with a sarcastic intonation. But as much trouble as I give my husband about his passion for football and the team that he coaches, it really does awe me how much he's willing to pour into those kids. (Sometimes. Sometimes I just want him to get home.)
With that said, we're headed downstate this weekend to cheer on the Tigers as they play Belleville East in the state semi-finals. Brooke and I are just going to stay down there until Thanksgiving and I won't have access to a computer that lets me do the fancy things I do for this blog - like upload photos. So consider this my Thanksgiving post and I hope to come back late next week with lots of cute pictures.
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16 & 17
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment