Saturday, November 13, 2010

Field Trip


This past week, my cousin, Amy, and her daughter Matilda came to stay with us and watch Brooke while I worked. (Thanks again, Ames!) Aren't they pretty?


We had fun doing a little shopping and hanging out, but we had a great time going to the zoo on Wednesday. (It's a good thing we had such a great time at the zoo because it's the only time I remembered to take pictures.)


Mati's only 2 months older than Brooke, but it's funny how a little independent ambulation and a whole lot more hair can age a kid.


I also feel the need to explain Brooke's outfit. It was a little chillier than expected when we arrived at the zoo, so I put her in the sweater that I had in her diaper bag that happened to be a little too small. Also, she's learned to take bows out of her hair, so that didn't last long. Not that it would have mattered. At lunch before the zoo, a little boy said, "Mommy, why does that boy have a bow in his hair?" Oh, well.


The girls conspiring against us.



Mati going in for a kiss.


We did a little impromptu photo shoot in the hay and pumpkins.



The week ended on a bit of a rough note as a stomach bug made its way around the house (to everyone but Matt - knock on wood), but we still managed to have a pretty good time.

2 comments:

  1. For the record, I think Brooke's outfit looks fine... that little boy was the weirdo. These pictures are so amazing! The girls are both looking at the camera and smiling. We had so much fun! Miss you and Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These have got to be the cutest pictures I have ever seen. Totally made my night and glad to see you blogged again Jaimie!! Mati looks adorable as well, I can't believe how much hair she has!!

    ReplyDelete