It was a really hard decision, but we decided to stay in Wheaton for Thanksgiving this year. We're going to be doing a lot of traveling around Christmas and into the new year, and the thought of having several days with all of us home and off in a row was too tempting to pass up. As hard as it was to be away from my family, I think that we made the right decision. I think we're all feeling (relatively) well rested and productive after last week.
We started Thanksgiving by having lunch over at Matt's parents'. We were the first to arrive, so I decided to get a nice picture of the kids. Ha!
I'm starting to feel like I could turn this blog into an "awkward smiles/poses my kids do" blog.
I guess this one of the girls isn't too bad.
The kids got some sweet new head gear from Grammie Deb and Grandpa Brian.
Paige got in some cuddles with Aunt Jamie.
And we got in a family pic...right as Paige was losing it. Five minutes too late.
Miles' new game is running away pretty much any time we call him, so Jamie taught him a lesson.
We headed home for abbreviated naps, then stopped by Grandma Audie's. I changed a VERY dirty diaper after taking this photo of her and Uncle Dave.
Feeling better.
After Grandma's, we went to Brian and Debbie's friends', the Tildens, for dinner. It was so kind of them to open their home to all five of us and we all had a great time.
Miles especially enjoyed the turkey cake.
We have so, so much to be thankful for and my wish is that I can help make my kids aware of that every day, not just at the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment