Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Field Trip


When we picked my Aunt Nancy up from the train a couple of weeks ago, Miles was very sad that we weren't the ones going on the "choo-choo", so we decided that it was time to take another family train ride.



We had originally just planned to take another trip to a town a few stops over, but Kali told Brooke how cool the Willis Tower was and Brooke had mentioned it a few times, so we got crazy and decided to take the kids all the way in to the city.



We went on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, so thankfully (get it?) we were going against traffic. After a quick lunch in the Willis Tower, we barely had to wait and practically walked up to the elevator to the sky deck. The weather, while not necessarily pleasant, could have been much worse for late November. The kids like the mirrors on the ceiling of the elevator.


The kids seemed to enjoy looking out the windows and the partial visibility didn't bother them.








We had a short wait to go out on the Ledge. It was far more scary than I'd expected. If you can't tell from this picture, I was hesitant to even put my whole body on it.



The kids, on the other hand, LOVED it.



Just, why?!?


We checked out the telescopes (not sure what it's called when there are actually two lenses?) - each kid looked in it for about 5.4 seconds.



This little girl earned the Star of the Day. She missed both naps and was only a little fussy on the ride home before falling asleep. I wish I'd gotten a picture of her in her cute snowsuit.


The trip was a fun little adventure and I think that Brooke and Miles both had fun. It's great that we live so close to such a great city, but I'm always happy to pull back into my suburban driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment