Sunday, December 14, 2014

December Happenings


We've had the usual December fun and busy-ness around here lately. I've made an effort not to overcommit this season and thankfully it seems to be paying off. I feel like we've been able to enjoy a fair amount of quality family time and are really trying to remember (and teach the kids) about the real reason we celebrate Christmas. In the meantime, the kids are their usual charismatic selves.


I've noticed that I take quite a few pictures of the kids at breakfast in the morning. I think that's because that's the time when all the kids are contained and (relatively) happy and I can really sit back for a few seconds and realize how blessed I am...then a few minutes later, someone's crying and we're rushing to get out the door, but it's a sweet moment while it lasts.




Brooke and Miles entertaining themselves with storage cubes.


Loving on Paige.


Another time they were playing together well. I think this was a "show" they were doing for us. Half the time, I don't think Miles is sure of what the plan is, but he's happy to follow suit.



Our little troll doll. Her hair will not stay down unless it's super-dirty.


And there is ALWAYS something in her mouth, usually her hand. Still no teeth, though. She's still hit-or-miss on sleeping through the night. Good thing she's so cute.



The hand in the mouth makes meal time extra fun (and messy!).


We've also had fun loving on Baby Bri.



Brooke has been really into musicals lately. She loved the live "Peter Pan" performance on NBC a couple of weeks ago (we had to fast-forward a few of the "scary" Captain Hook parts) and Grammie Deb and Grandpa Brian took her to "Mary Poppins" in Aurora last week.


She loved it! She keeps asking me to read the playbill and actually went to bed with it that night.


Maybe she has a future in musical theater? At any rate, it'll be fun to go to musicals with her as she grows up.



We took a family outing to Cosley Zoo's light "display" the other night.


The weather was really mild, so it was actually fun to walk around.


The kids had a really good time. Matt was "underwhelmed," which is surprising because he's such a spirited Christmas-celebrator (it's like pulling teeth to get him to listen to Christmas carols). I kept reminding him that it's free.


Paige is at the awkward stage where she's not stable enough to sit in carts or high chairs, but wants to be a part of the action. I carry and hold her a LOT these days. She like the Ergo so I have the feeling we'll be getting more use out of that.




There was a middle school band playing Christmas carols so the kids took the opportunity to bust a move.


They finished the night by running through the Christmas tree "maze" (the rows of trees that were for sale).


It was a fun night! (Miles is at the "You want me in a picture? I'm going to run away!" stage, so we did just a shot of the girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment