Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Brooke's (and Miles') New Job


Will and Jamie got engaged last weekend and we couldn't be happier that he'll be a part of our family!


As soon as Brooke heard, she said, "Yay! I'll get to be their flower girl!" (I think that she and Jamie had talked about it before, so this thought wasn't totally out of the blue.) I told her that she'd have to wait and see if they asked her. Later that day, I heard her talking to herself. She said, "I don't think they know any other little girls..." When I asked her what she was talking about, she said she didn't think Will and Aunt Jamie knew any other little girls to be their flower girl.


When we saw Jamie for the first time after the engagement, Brooke said to her, "Am I going to be your flower girl...or no?" But Jamie and Will wanted to both be there when they asked so Brooke had to wait a couple more days.


In the meantime, Brooke had heard me telling friends that Jamie was engaged and a couple days later said something along the lines of, "When you tell people Aunt Jamie's getting married, they think I have a pretty good chance, right?" So, last Saturday morning, Will and Jamie came by to give the kids their souvenirs from their trip to California. Then, they gave them Flower Girl and Ring Bearer books (Jamie told me that she'd had the Flower Girl book for Brooke for a couple of years. So sweet.) with special notes inside asking them to be in their wedding. Brooke must have been a little thrown off by Matt and my filming the whole thing. I don't even think she gave a real response before she ran behind my chair. She finally said yes, but it wasn't nearly the reaction we were hoping for.


Later that day, I asked her why she was acting the way she was about the whole thing and she said, "I'm just nervous...can we please stop talking about it?" Later that night, Matt came downstairs to find this.



I guess it's a good thing that she has a year to practice and adjust to the idea. It's so special that she (and Miles) get to be a part of this exciting day!


No comments:

Post a Comment